FOR A DIET WITH PLENTY OF GRAIN PRODUCTS, VEGETABLES, AND FRUITS, EAT DAILY--
6-11 servings* of grain products (breads, cereals, pasta, and rice)
- Eat products made from a variety of whole grains, such as wheat, rice, oats, corn, and barley.
- Eat several servings of whole-grain breads and cereals daily.
- Prepare and serve grain products with little or no fats and sugars.
3-5 servings* of various vegetables and vegetable juices
- Choose dark-green leafy and deep-yellow vegetables often.
- Eat dry beans, peas, and lentils often.
- Eat starchy vegetables, such as potatoes and corn.
- Prepare and serve vegetables with little or no fats.
2-4 servings* of various fruits and fruit juices
- Choose citrus fruits or juices, melons, or berries regularly.
- Eat fruits as desserts or snacks.
- Drink fruit juices.
- Prepare and serve fruits with little or no added sugars.
* See box 2 for what counts as a serving.
Back to "Choose a diet with plenty of grain products..."