SOME GOOD SOURCES OF CALCIUM*
- Most foods in the milk group**
- milk and dishes made with milk, such as puddings and soups made with milk
- cheeses such as Mozzarella, Cheddar, Swiss, and Parmesan
- Canned fish with soft bones such as sardines, anchovies, and salmon**
- Dark-green leafy vegetables, such as kale, mustard greens, and turnip greens, and pak-choi
- Tofu, if processed with calcium sulfate. Read the labels.
- Tortillas made from lime-processed corn. Read the labels.
* Does not include complete list of examples. You can obtain additional information from "Good Sources of Nutrients," USDA, January 1990. Also read food labels for brand-specific information.
** Some foods in this group are high in fat, cholesterol, or both. Choose lower fat, lower cholesterol foods most often. Read the labels.
Back to "Eat a variety of foods"
Back to "Choose a diet with plenty of grain products..."