NEW RELEASE: NOVEMBER 2005
NEW BOOK ON EVERY DAY HEALTHY EATING AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR LIFE
||The food and physical activity choices you make every day affect your
health how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future. A Healthier You is
grounded in the comprehensive science-based advice of the official
Guidelines for Americans, 2005.
A Healthier You brings together nutrition information from the Federal
Government that may reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as heart
disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and certain cancers, and increase your
chances for a longer life.
This one-stop, easy-to-use resource will help you make wise food and physical
activity choices to manage your weight with:
- Healthy eating patterns with a seven-day menu from the DASH* Eating Plan
- Ways to use the Nutrition Facts label to make healthy product choices
- Tips for eating out and when you are on the go
- Nearly 100 easy, healthy and tested recipes along with helpful websites
- Reproducible worksheets to track your progress
- Steps for incorporating physical activity into your life
Plus, A Healthier You includes the complete Dietary Guidelines for
Americans, with its 41 key recommendations.
*Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
|Book Specs: Soft cover, trade book size (6” x 9”); Approximately 325
pages with four color illustrations and tables; GPO Stock Number
017-001-00555-0; $12.95 (list price).
Call: 1-866-512-1800 (Toll Free) - 202-512-1800 (DC Area)